Products - Erosion Control/Revegetation
Native Grass Sod
This work involves placement of commercially grown sodded grass that is composed of a mixture of drought-tolerant native grass species.
- Provides immediate soil cover, providing immediate control of surface erosion.
- Montana State University research data showed that a freshly tilled 2.5:1 (H:V) slope treated with hydroseed yielded 1-2 tons/hectare/year while the native grass sod yielded only 0.6 tons/hectare/year.
- Immediate cover greatly reduces competition from invasive weed species.
- Low long-term maintenance and establishment costs due to the ability of sod to reduce weed emergence and survival.
- Controlling erosion at the source is much more cost effective than trying to remove sediment or metals from stormwater runoff downstream.
- Sod strips placed at the toe of the slope remove soil particles from surface runoff before it leaves the project site.