As a trusted civil engineer, you can't afford to have your soil stabilization projects fail. Still, due to budget and time constraints, many civil engineers are forced to compromise the success of their projects. We don't believe you should have to stress over project failure. Identify how the Presto GEOWEB® Geocell’s straightforward design and easy implementation ensure long-term performance and your project's success.
Developed by Presto GEOSYSTEMS® for soil stabilization challenges. The GEOWEB® 3D Soil Stabilization System is the original and most complete geocell system. The technology of cellular confinement is powerful yet simple. Through an interconnected honeycomb-like network, the 3D geocells confine and stabilize soils that would otherwise be unstable. Geocells are efficient and economical for fast-built unpaved roadways and retaining walls, erosion control of slopes, and stormwater control in channels.
Presto’s GEOWEB® system is made from the highest quality virgin high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material. HDPE delivers the perfect balance of strength and flexibility. Its consistent performance characteristics allow it to withstand the most demanding project applications. The GEOWEB® 3D geocells provide the certainty that can only come with a 40-year proven track record not offered by other fabric-based or blended and recycled polymer materials. HDPE is the most accepted and proven cellular confinement material in the industry.
The GEOWEB system solves soil stabilization and erosion control challenges in a variety of civil engineering applications, including load support, slope protection, channel protection, retaining walls and erosion controll.
With over 40 years of proven success, Use Presto’s GEOWEB® system minimizes
environmental impact and offers cost-effective means for creating sustainable,
long-term solutions for load support and erosion control challenges.
• Reduced life cycle costs
• Environmentally friendly
• Aesthetically pleasing
Load Support: Unpaved and Paved Roads
Make use of local fill to construct site access roads with the GEOWEB® Load Support System allowing immediate access after installation. The GEOWEB system outperforms 2D reinforcement materials that require deeper, more costly base materials. GEOWEB 3D confinement system is equally beneficial for base stabilization under asphalt or concrete and can reduce base materials by 50% or more.
Stabilize the upper soil layer on embankments with the 3D GEOWEB® Slope Protection System to resist sliding, prevent severe erosion caused by surface runoff, and allow steeper slopes to be built. Protect geomembranes on dams, landfills, and containment basins with the industry’s only complete geocell solution featuring the tendon and ATRA® Tendon Clip support system.
Design GEOWEB channels with varying infill options that eliminate the need for costly rip-rap, gabions, and articulated concrete blocks (ACBs). Prevent erosion on channel slopes exposed to intermittent or continuous flow conditions with single-layered or tiered GEOWEB® Channels. With an overlying TRM, GEOWEB vegetated channels can withstand flows up to 30 ft/sec (9m/sec)!
Design vegetated reinforced and gravity walls that retain structural integrity even in poor base conditions with GEOWEB® Retaining Walls. The GEOWEB system’s open-celled terraces create a natural environment for sustainable vegetation and allow stormwater infiltration. GEOWEB walls conform well to landscape contours, are resistant to environmental degradation, and install 25-30% faster than MSE block walls. Presto offers design software to create GEOWEB Retaining Walls.
Offering unique solutions to prevent erosion problems caused by water contact, surface flow, and wave action with the 3D GEOWEB® Shoreline Protection System. Protecting geomembranes on ponds and in stormwater and wastewater containment basins. The GEOWEB® System creates a stable environment for infill.
Shore up steep embankments and prevent severe erosion on slopes and channels with the GEOWEB® System. The 3D cellular network prevents sheet flow from causing scour and erosion on slope surfaces. Confinement of infill allows smaller rock or vegetation in place of more extensive, costly rip rap. The system is a flexible, hard-armor solution with concrete infill — more economical than reinforced concrete or articulated concrete blocks (ACBs). For grassed areas prone to concentrated erosion, GEORUNNER® Mats offer protection from scour.
Comprehensive resources and tools are available for installing the GEOWEB® system. Installation varies depending on the application. Installation of the GEOWEB system does not require specialized crews. See the installation guide here.
The Presto GEOWEB® Load Support system is a highly effective, economical solution to road, parking,
and yard surface problems that result from subgrade material failure or surface or base material
instability. Under concentrated or distributed loads, the 3D cellular structure confines infill
material and controls shearing and lateral and vertical movement of the infill material.
As a base stabilization system under pavement, the GEOWEB® material significantly improves pavement life cycle costs. When confined within the GEOWEB system, base material requirements can be reduced by 50% or more by substantially reducing the loading on sub-surface soils. As a result, reduced excavation and granular infill needs reduce overall installation cost.
As a surface stabilization system, the GEOWEB® structure distributes surface pressures for dynamic and static loading, controlling rutting and reducing long-term maintenance requirements and costs. By using permeable infill with high porosity, the system offers environmental and stormwater management benefits.
• Produces a stiff base with high flexural strength; acts as a semi-rigid slab by distributing loads laterally.
• Minimizes impact of differential and overall settlement even on low-strength subgrades.
• Increases effective structural number, reducing fill depth requirement by 50%.
• May allow the use of poor-quality granular fills in place of more costly imported materials.
• With permeable infill, the system reduces stormwater runoff and may reduce the need and costs for stormwater ponds.
Retaining walls built with the GEOWEB® system are an economical, green alternative to MSE wall systems, creating a
naturally vegetated living structure while meeting all structural design requirements. The GEOWEB® Retaining Walls
are also highly adaptable; they provide exceptional performance in soft soil environments and seismic zones, tolerate
reasonable differential settlement better than rigid wall systems.
GEOWEB® Retaining Walls can be constructed as gravity structures in areas with space constraints and are made from environmental degradation resistant HDPE.
• Natural Aesthetic and Sustainable Vegetation
The GEOWEB® walls feature horizontal terraces with exposed outer fascia cells, creating a natural environment for select vegetation and plantings. Indigenous vegetation or specified plantings may be incorporated for aesthetic appeal and sustainability. Aggregate or concrete fill provides hard-armor protection where vegetation is not desired.
• High Performance in Soft Soil Environments Flexible and lightweight GEOWEB® walls adapt to a wide range of design criteria and construction requirements—meeting site challenges even in soft soil environments.
• Reduction in Stormwater Runoff The GEOWEB® walls are highly permeable and allow rainwater to infiltrate through the wall face, minimizing runoff.
• Low Environmental Impact The GEOWEB® walls are a natural Low Impact Development (LID)/Best Management Practice (BMP) for reducing stormwater runoff and managing stormwater on-site. LEED® green building credits can be earned to minimize site disturbance, reduce the heat island effect, and stormwater quality and quantity control. With a high percentage of open area, the ability to use on-site fills, and efficient transportation of materials, the GEOWEB® walls are an eco-friendly solution for any site.
The Presto GEOWEB® system provides a wide variety of economical, flexible protection treatments for open channels
and hydraulic structures. The system delivers stability and protection of stormwater channels exposed to erosive
conditions ranging from low to high flows--either intermittent or continuous.
• Confinement in the GEOWEB® cellular structure dramatically improves the hydraulic performance of conventional protection materials such as topsoil/vegetation, aggregate, and concrete.
• Supports vegetation in intermittent flow channels.
• Local aggregate may be used in low-to-moderate flow channels instead of larger riprap.
• Concrete infill creates a flexible, long-lasting, and lower-cost armored channel lining system than reinforced or articulated concrete block systems.
• Protects geomembrane-lined channels and containment systems.
The Presto GEOWEB® Slope and Shoreline Protection System is an effective and economical solution to challenging
slope-surface stability problems. The GEOWEB® Slope Protection System meets a wide range of performance and
aesthetic requirements with vegetated, aggregate, or concrete infill.
• The 3D cellular confinement structure confines selected infill material, minimizing the movement and migration of embankment materials by functioning as anchored containers in the upper soil layer.
• The system delivers excellent resistance to sheet flow—preventing severe erosion and controlling rill and gully formation, especially in areas of concentrated flow and over erosive soils.
• Stabilization of the slope surface materials allows the construction of steeper embankments with less horizontal footprint and use of land space.
Shore up steep embankments and prevent severe erosion on slopes and channels with the GEOWEB® System. The 3D cellular network prevents sheet flow from causing scour and erosion on slope surfaces. Confinement of infill allows smaller rock or vegetation in place of larger, more costly riprap. With concrete infill, the system is a flexible, hard-armored solution that is more economical than reinforced concrete or articulated concrete blocks (ACBs).
As a trusted civil engineer, you can't afford to have your soil stabilization projects fail. Still, due to budget
and time constraints, many civil engineers are forced to compromise the success of their projects. We don't believe
you should have to stress over project failure. With over 40 years of proven success, Presto’s GEOWEB® system
minimizes environmental impact and offers cost-effective means for creating sustainable, long-term solutions for
load support and erosion control challenges.
Don't continue to stress over your pavement & soil stabilization projects. Enjoy the confidence of having a team to support you from the design phase through installation and a product backed by accredited research, technical overviews, and over 40 years of proven success. Complete your "Free Project Evaluation" now.
Always be the first to know about new products, resources, and tools that impact our industry and your performance.
Learn how the Presto GEOWEB® Geocell's system reduces vertical pressure, sub-base movement and can extend the service life of your soil stabilization projects while minimizing maintenance.